Friday, February 4, 2011

A Depressing Conversation

I just had this chat with my mother, transcribed verbatim.

Her:  How much is a third and a third?
Me:  ..what?
Her:  I'm making a recipe that calls for a third of proscuitto, but I want to double the recipe.  How much is that?
Me: ..............two thirds.
Her:  Right but how much is that?  Is it less than half a pound?
Me:  Excuse me?
Her:  Like what number.  How much?
Me:  .66666666666666666666
Her:  Oh, so it's a little more than half a pound.
Me:  Yes.  It's actually two thirds of a pound.  Because you're doubling the recipe that asks for one third.
Her:  So if I go to the deli, how much do I ask for?
Me:  ....two thirds of a pound.
Her:  But that's so awkward.
Me:  No, it's a perfectly normal weight to ask for at the deli.
Her:  So I ask for a little more than half a pound?
Me:  HOW AM I YOUR SON?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom totally trolled you. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did..did you just get trolled by your mom!?

    <3

    ReplyDelete