Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Q: What's the problem now?

A:  My hitting sucks.  Part of this is self-inflicted, drafting corpses like Carlos Lee, or Brandon WTF Phillips with my first or second pick.  I don't really know what I was thinking.  Part of it is otherwise productive hitters, like Texeira and Chipper, having the worst slumps of their careers.  Geovany Soto has a .298/.463/.468 split but only 10 RBI.  Brandon Phillips spent the majority of the season batting 4th and has all of 11 RBI to show for it.  Texeira left, I don't know, seventeen thousand men on base last night, including a bases loaded situation.  Stephen Drew:  .298/.361/.475, batting third for the Diamondbacks, has 14 RBI.

I'm not knocking in runs.  I'm scoring them in spades, but my collection of largely 3-5 hitters isn't hitting with men on base.  My most productive guy right now is Bobby Abreu, and we know that isn't going to hold up.  Ryan Braun had his first RBI last night since May 8th.  Phillips doesn't have an RBI since May 5th.  Soto since May 7th.  Crawford has two RBI since May 6th.  Chipper Jones has two RBI since the 5th.  It's gotten so bad that Carlos Lee has the third most RBI on my team over the past ten games, including three last night, which don't count because I finally benched him and he finally fucking did something useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment